Basic Operations Firefighter Academy (320 hours)
must be sponsored by a fire department
The following textbook is required for NIPSTA’s Basic Operations Firefighter course:
- “Fundamentals of Firefighter Skills and Hazardous Materials Response”: 4th Edition
- ISBN: 9781284151336
Students will receive a 25% off shopping cart link after registration. The link will be provided on your BOF registration invoice.
Fire Departments or municipalities need to set up an account prior to registering students for NIPSTA’s Basic Operations Firefighter program. Account set up is simple and quick. Please visit our Account Set-up and Registration page, found under the About NIPSTA menu.
The deadline for registration is one (1) week prior to the start of the program. If space is available, last minute requests may be accommodated by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an employee name, you may proceed to the registration page, add the new student name to your department account roster, select the appropriate academy session, select the student(s), then proceed to the check-out page. If you have not set up an account for your department, you must do so first by clicking on the "Log-in/Create Account" button found at the center/left of the page.
You will receive a confirmation invoice or receipt immediately after completing the registration process. Confirmed registrations will be added to the course roster in chronological order. A maximum of thirty (30) candidates will be enrolled; additional registrations will be assigned to a waiting list in the order received.
For fire departments that are in the process of hiring a new employee, and do not have a name and date of birth at the time of registrations, please use the following procedure:
1) Choose the appropriate fire academy session.
2) You will need to establish a new member account on your department roster for eachposition held by choosing "Add Account Member" at the bottom of the "Account Members" list visible to the right.
3) Under First Name - enter your fire department name.
4) Under Last Name - enter TBD. If you are reserving more than one spot enter TBD1, TBD2, etc.
5) Save new account member(s).
6) Choose the new account member(s) you wish to enroll and add them to your "cart".
7) Follow the prompts, proceed to "checkout", and complete your transaction.
Only paid TBDs can be confirmed. In the event that a session reaches max enrollment, and a waiting list is established, unpaid TBDs will be moved to the waiting list. This to accommodate departments with employee info (name & DOB). Maximum enrollment for NIPSTA’s BOF academy is 30.
Departments may substitute for a confirmed candidate by editing their member account roster, or emailing the Fire & Tech Rescue Director.
A department may cancel a confirmed reservation at any time for any reason prior to the start of a session. Cancellations afterthe start of a session will result in a 50% refund of the paid tuition (75% for NIPSTA members). Unpaid reservations canceled after the start of a program will result in a cancelation fee of 10% of the tuition cost.