NIPSTA's Community Members
NIPSTA's newest initiative has been created to respond to the natural and man-made challenges facing the corporate, non-profit and community sectors. NIPSTA provides training and education focusing on detection, protection, response and recovery to meet today's unprecedented security and safety challenges while maintaining business operations. Our consultants will provide your organization with expert recommendations and guidance on creating a safe and resilient organization.
Customized Curriculum Development, Instructional Design, and Consulting:
- Consulting on policy development and review
- Programs designed and developed collaboratively between client organizations and internal expert practitioners at the forefront of preparedness and response training.
- Programs presented at either NIPSTA's facilities or off-site at client facilities.
- Unique, state-of-the-art training facilities and equipment.
- CSLS's instructors maintain specialized education, training and service backgrounds in areas including public safety, emergency preparedness and response, and disaster healthcare and related management and leadership.
- Over 150 instructors are local practitioners with frontline experience in fire, police, public works, and disaster healthcare and management.
Preparedness & Response Training Programs and Services
NIPSTA is uniquely qualified to provide customized and client-specific programs.
A sampling of available training programs include:
- Commercial Driver Safety
- Continuity and Contingency Planning in a Crisis
- Crime Prevention and Intervention
- Crisis Leadership and Event Management
- Cyber Security
- Executive Security and Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Use and Handling
- Fire, Sever Weather, Workplace Violence, Area-Wide Emergency, Pandemic, Active Shooter, Building Evacuation, Bomb Threat
- Forklift Operation, Rope Access and Rescue, Confined Space,Snow Removal Operations, Snowplow Safety
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Hazmat Safety
- Identifying Essential Personnel Before a Crisis Situation Occurs
- Industry Specific Programs:
- Maintaining Communications with Employees During and After a Crisis Event
- Safety Awareness, Crisis Assessment and Emergency Preparedness and Response:
- Teamwork in Disaster Management
- Training and Exercise Programming
- Workplace First Aid in Emergency and Non-Emergency Situations
Industry Consulting Services
- Continuity of Operations/Continuity of Government Plan Development
- Developing a Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan
- Recommendations on Process Improvements to Ensure Adequate Staffing
- Review of Existing Policies and Procedures Related to Emergency and Disaster Response