This class provides the firefighter with a basic understanding of the types of aerial devices used in the fire service, the general procedure for stabilizing them, and safety guidelines that should be followed while operating an aerial device. The class also addresses construction and fire ground tactics for aerial devices. Hands-on practice stabilizing and operating aerial devices is included. Adequate time will be allowed to practice on the various types of aerial apparatus.
- Aerial Roof Operations
- Aerial Positioning
- Aerial Stabilizing - Short Jacking
- Aerial Ladder Tactics and Strategies
- Course taught by experienced Suburban and City Firefighters
- Excellent class for any driver/operator who wants more aerial ladder knowledge
- Over two days of hands-on instruction
- Discount provided if Fire Department provides aerial ladder
Tuition includes course materials.