This 40 hour class targets any fire service member that has completed Basic Firefighting training and seeks to expand their knowledge of engine company operations. Through classroom discussion, hands-on practice and live fire evolutions, students will have the opportunity to learn and practice basic engine company skills. The class is intended to help each firefighter develop personal skills as well provide instructional information that may be applied at their respective departments.
- Discuss engine company operations specific to building construction type
- Discuss engine company operations regarding water supply
- Discuss and practice different hose loads and how they apply to response districts and manpower
- Discuss and implement engine company tactics based on building type, manpower and utilizing different hose loads
- Discuss and practice stretching lines for operation in various scenarios
- Practice line management techniques with charged hose lines
- Apply skills in live fire scenarios