Active Threat- Rapid Deployment
Date: Monday, February 7- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 3:00 PM- 11:00 PM
PURPOSE OF COURSE: This three-day, 24-hour course is designed to provide officers with the knowledge and specialized tactical skills they will need to perform Rapid Deployment / Active Threat response tactics and techniques.
COURSE DESCRIPTION: Rapid Deployment – Active Threat Response is the swift and immediate deployment of law enforcement resources to an ongoing, life-threatening “Active Threat” type of situation. These incidents may also necessitate the immediate and rapid deployment of patrol personnel to contain and prevent the escape of an armed and dangerous offender, or rescue a downed officer and/or civilian.
COURSE GOALS: To provide students with an opportunity to learn and practice:
- 5/4/3/2 Officer Team Movement Techniques and Tactics
- Pistol & Patrol Rifle Deployment and Handling Skills
- Room Clearing and Building Security
- Integrated Tactics
- Contact & Rescue Team Techniques and Tactics
- Use of Force and Safety Priorities
- Equipment and Identification Requirements
- Explosive Device Management
- Team Leader Responsibilities
- First Responder Supervisor Responsibilities
- Assist participants in demonstrating practical knowledge and performance ability while conducting Active Threat operations, to include movement formations, verbal skills and firearms handling/deployment skills.
- Participate in realistic scenario-based training and demonstrate their ability to perform Active Threat operational skill sets.
- This course is open to all sworn police officers.
- Course participants should be physically capable of operating in physical situations, and may be required to sprint, kneel, and perform police tactical skills. If an officer is physically incapable of performing these physical tasks, please do not register to them to attend.
The course requires every attendee to be equipped with a converted patrol rifle and pistol that shoot marking cartridges. A limited supply of converted pistols and AR15 drop in bolts will be available for those that do not have their own converted weapons. Officers are required to have converted weapons and supply their own marking ammunition. Officers must have a minimum of 100 rifle marking rounds and 50 pistol rds (any color). Officers should also bring protective mask and neck protection if available. Acceptable marking rounds include: 9mm Simunition / 9mm & .223 UTM & Force-on-Force Brands. Airsoft is also acceptable. Paint Ball and Simunition brand .223 marking rounds may NOT be utilized in this course.